View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 07:34 PM   #13
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperTrail View Post
Its really difficult reading this thread being a Kindle owner who lives in the Cleveland area

I knew going into it that it supported only the Kindle proprietary eBook format, so I can't complain or gripe.

Hopefully they'll re-think things and add the e-Pub format, but I highly doubt it. Why would they, they want Kindle owners to buy all their eBooks from them!

I may have to start combing these forums and choose another eReader; I can always sell the Kindle.
Kindle owners have never had to buy all their books from Amazon. I believe fictionwise and other stores sell mobi format books. Check our wiki.

And the clevnet has almost a thousand mobipocket books which you can check out, download to your computer, and read on your kindle if you install kindlefix. This doesn't strip DRM, and the book will still be unreadable after the checkout period.

If I were you, I'd be the first in line tomorrow if I didn't already have a library card.......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote