View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 02:16 PM   #6
llasram
Reticulator of Tharn
llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
Appleton's Alice's Adventures is from Adobe's free library. It works well except for color in the chapter header and quotation marks and other special characters which are not displayed correctly (wrong encoding?).
Doh!, color! I forgot to add that to my written oeb2mobi todo list and apparently thus forgot to add color support to oeb2mobi. Watch for it in a later release...

I actually had tested converting that edition of Alice, but only with oeb2mobi. It's possible I introduced a regression, or that the error is in the any2* plumbing... I'll take a look this evening.

Quote:
One of the two Penguin samples I tried failed, the other worked very well except for indenting the start of paragraphs.
The extra spacing is added by the any2* option '--remove-paragraph-spacing'. Which, um, presently seems to be on by default with no way to turn it off. Kovid, am I missing something?

Quote:
Penguin's have embedded fonts, which are not being transfered. So far as I can tell, the ebook is just using the reader selected font (Times New Roman).
Mobipocket doesn't support font-embedding, so not much to be done there.

Quote:
Rosetta's Red Alert is also in Adobe's free library. Its chapter header isn't transfering well, but the rest looks good except for the indenting of the 1st paragraph.
No idea why that's happening... I'll have to grab a copy and see what's up.
llasram is offline   Reply With Quote