View Single Post
Old 04-11-2016, 03:41 PM   #59
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew0020 View Post
I think the new Kindle Oasis design looks hideous and from a purely aesthetic point of view it is a step backwards from the Voyage. I loved the Voyage design and was hoping for an incrementally improved design with a faster processor (slightly lighter, better screen, LEDs) and better cases.

I was so excited when I heard the news about a new Kindle last week, but these pictures and info have tempered that.
Being retired I have a lot of time and I spend more than a little of that watching video reviews of various devices. One of my pet peeves is the focus of a few of the reviewers on form as opposed to functionality. Not that I think looks are unimportant but how well it works is the main thing for an ereader/phone/tablet.

I guess I'm a techie at heart. If two women are walking down the street, one in jeans and the other in a very high fashion expensive gown I'll probably be looking at the one in jeans. Very focused on function am I!

Barry