View Single Post
Old 04-11-2016, 01:10 PM   #52
positively4th
Enthusiast
positively4th ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.positively4th ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.positively4th ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.positively4th ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.positively4th ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.positively4th ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.positively4th ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.positively4th ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.positively4th ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.positively4th ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.positively4th ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Oasis, Xiaomi Inkpad X, Xiaomi Inkpalm 5
My initial reaction, unfortunately, is disappointment. But I'm holding judgement until we get more details.

Stuff I Like:
- If this is more comfortable to hold 1 handed, that could be a big deal.

Stuff I think I dislike but maybe need more info:
- it looks goofy unless the case is attached. If the case is attached, then you lose the benefit of the lighter weight... it looks like the case is required (saw some comments somewhere about maybe having to charge the case, and the case is what charges the kindle... so this may eliminate 3rd party cases)... and I'm sure it is not a light case since it has a battery in it.
- Physical buttons -- I'll be OK with these as long as they don't make a clicking sound... and there'll likely be no way to know until it's released. Remember how obnoxious the K2's buttons sound?
- I sometimes move my kindle back and forth between my right and left hand. I can't picture myself flipping the device around every time I want to do that. But maybe if it's more comfortable to hold, I won't feel the need to do that.

Haven't seen anywhere mention the size of the screen either. I assume it's same as voyage/paperwhite. Also haven't seen any mention if the screen is flush with the bezel, or if it's glass like the Voyage.

Hoping that maybe another model is announced as well. I may bite if the price is reasonable because it seems like it may be more comfortable to hold. But overall, seems like a lot of the key stuff people were hoping for (different size screen, color) is missing, while a lot of the stuff people were pretty happy with has been changed...