View Single Post
Old 03-25-2016, 01:06 PM   #65
Conan46
Fanatic
Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I guess the particular voice doesn't matter for me. If you go to
https://www.ivona.com/ and listen to the different voices they all sound very robotic to me. Maybe it's just the text that is read? There are pauses and inflections that don't sound right. Here's the text they have on the site:
Actually it sounded pretty good to me. I'm guessing how good it sounds depends in part upon the computer hardware you are playing it on. Probably on my older laptop it would sound choppy and slower than on my newer one. In a proper app reading an ebook it should sound better. Using Google Play books on a newer tablet Ivona sounds good, even a bit fast to my ears. Using Moon+ Reader it sounds quite good, same on an Amazon tablet. You need more than a paragraph or two to make up your mind about it. I get used to it as I listen to the book and forget it is TTS after awhile.
Conan46 is offline   Reply With Quote