View Single Post
Old 02-26-2016, 05:04 AM   #7
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjmpjm View Post
Having decided that no good will be served by allowing Calibre to continue 'getting list of books on the device, I tried to shut it down.

However, it immediately gave me the warning, 'Calibre is communicating with the device! Quitting may cause corruption the device.'

It's been running for 2513 minutes now. What's your advice?
Personally, I would shut down calibre then start over by factory-resetting the device. There is enough strange and inexplicable stuff going on that I have no confidence that the device is in good shape. Then try the cabled connection, since that is what you are used to. If that works, well and good. If it doesn't then (perhaps reset again and) try CC.

If you go this route, be sure that you have off-device copies of everything on the device that you care about. Also be sure that you have usernames and passwords for all the "accounts" used on the device.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote