View Single Post
Old 02-26-2016, 04:54 AM   #5
pjmpjm
Zealot
pjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Fire HD 10
Calibre Still Cranking Away After 2504 Minutes

Hmmmm. This isn't good news, chaley. It leaves me wondering why Calibre is still 'getting list of books on device' after all this time. Maybe it's malfunctioning after all. I had really hoped that it was simply 'disturbed' by CC. I'd be happy to stick with the cable, if I knew that it would work with the Fire. However, after more than a week of 'intermittent' working, I'd been seriously contemplating switching entirely over to CC. Thanks again for your input. But the news that 'CC and Calibre don't automatically see each others' books on the device' was indeed what I was assuming. Just thinking . . . I wonder if there's a way to manually 're-set' what Calibre 'sees' on the device, to make it start all over again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Using CC does not "reset" calibre's previous knowledge, nor vice versa. Nor does putting books/files in other folders whether by CC, ES File Explorer, or some other mechanism.

CC and calibre don't automatically see each others' books on the device. This is the main reason why you should pick one or the other. My recommendation: stick with the cable, given that you don't want to use most of CC's features.
pjmpjm is offline   Reply With Quote