View Single Post
Old 02-26-2016, 03:27 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjmpjm View Post
Thanks very much, eschwartz. I had been using Calibre with this same device since Christmas. Does this mean that the brief use of Calibre Companion somehow 'reset' Calibre's previous knowledge of the Fire's directory structure, leading it to 'forget' and now have to rescan 16,000 plus books? Am happy to keep waiting if I know that eventually Calibre will be satified!
Using CC does not "reset" calibre's previous knowledge, nor vice versa. Nor does putting books/files in other folders whether by CC, ES File Explorer, or some other mechanism.

CC and calibre don't automatically see each others' books on the device. This is the main reason why you should pick one or the other. My recommendation: stick with the cable, given that you don't want to use most of CC's features.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote