View Single Post
Old 02-22-2016, 12:58 AM   #15
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
But have you ever run Sigil for Windows on an OSX Mac under Parallels?
I would have said, had we done so. It's just...bizarre, don't you think?

Quote:
I can't postulate why that should matter, but it should be easy enough to factor that specific obscurity out of the equation.
I'm sure that Kevin or Diap will track it down. It could, indeed, be something unique to that environment. I certainly can't think of any reason for it to exist, given that had you hit the space bar 5x in a row, you wouldn't get a render like that. My only thought is that somehow, it's interpreting the italics, bold, etc., as nbsps, yes?

In fact...@Drew, are you saying that empty spans leave these gaps as well? Can you answer the previous question--WHAT is the screen gab OF? What reader are you viewing that in? ADE? Nook, or is that the Sigil bookview, or the Sigil Preview?

Quote:
Would also be interesting to see the Preferences->Appearance->Book View/Preview settings. It looks like Times New Roman... but is it? Also might be worthwhile trying another font.

BR
He said he'd tried at least 3 fonts, but again, I don't know where he took that screengrab. Sigil Previewer, ADE, Sigil book view, or..?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote