View Single Post
Old 02-10-2016, 02:18 PM   #41
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
New Humble Bundle is up, and it's for:

Humble Comics Bundle Best-Selling Authors presented by Dynamite

I think at this point, it's easier to name the books which probably aren't repeats than spot the ones which are. New stuff appears to include a Sherlock Holmes early adventures origin story, some continuing franchise adaptation things of Patricia Thompson, Jim Butcher and Tom Clancy that I don't recall seeing in previous bundles, a 2nd volume of Green Hornet, a collected edition of Django/Zorro, and maybe one or two other things.

Current better-than-average is under $8 (more books to be added next week), top-tier is $15. Much of the top-tier has been offered elsewhere recently enough, but the creator line-up for Vampirella Master Series Vol. 4: Visionaries will probably make it an auto-buy for me: a Ty Templeton & Bruce Timm story, a Kurt Busiek & Alan Davis story, plus stories written by Alan Moore and Christopher Priest (who are both usually thoughtful and entertaining), and art by Amanda Conner (whose cheerfully cartoony style is always delightful to see, even in stories where it amounts to built-in Mood Whiplash), and hopefully they add more new-to-me stuff that I'm interested in next week.

Quote:
The Humble Comics Bundle: Best-Selling Authors presented by Dynamite

The stars of pen and paper unite! Who are the minds behind many of today's most popular stories and characters? Authors, of course! So for this bundle, we've partnered with Dynamite to bring to your e-reader a wide variety of famous writers' comics.

Pay what you want for Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Echoes, Charlaine Harris' Grave Sight #1, The Shadow Vol 1: Fire Of Creation, Patricia Briggs’ Mercy Thompson: Hopcross Jilly, Sherlock Holmes: Year One, Complete Alice In Wonderland, and The Spider Vol 1: Terror Of The Zombie Queen.

Pay more than the average price to also receive Kevin Smith's Green Hornet Vol 2: Wearing O' The Green, Dean Koontz's Fear Nothing, The Shadow Vol. 2: Revolution, Jim Butcher's The Dresden Files: Ghoul Goblin, Shaft: A Complicated Man, Legenderry: A Steampunk Adventure, and Justice Inc. Vol 1.

Pay $15 or more for all of that plus Vampirella Master Series Vol 4: Visionaries, Legends of Red Sonja Collection, The Last Temptation, Django/Zorro Collection, and Game Of Thrones #1 - 4.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote