View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 05:45 AM   #7
pjmpjm
Zealot
pjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Fire HD 10
Using the Fire HD 10

QUOTE=applesauce;3178345]I am looking for a tablet. I wish to use it to replace my laptop for everyday things. I have MS, so weight and size count. I need 10 inch for vision and as light as possible. I need to run VNC, web pages, including rutorrent. I would like to have 3 or 4 web pages open at a time. Beyond that ebay and facebook is about all I would use it for. I accept I would still turn my laptop on for half an hour a day. Is the new Fire going to handle all this with decent response time. I love the response time of my mum's ipad mini 1. But will not tolerate the horrible fact that everything has to load via itunes. I hate the fact apple controls every damn thing. I would continue to use my kindle paperwhite for reading.

thank you

applesauce[/QUOTE]

Am presently using the HD 10 much as you describe and am quite happy with it. Took me a couple of weeks to work out all the features, etc. This is my third Kindle. Had an older Fire previous to this one.
pjmpjm is offline   Reply With Quote