View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 05:28 PM   #1
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
MobileRead Free Ebook Section Reaches 8,000

From the first upload on March 27, 2007 until yesterday, MobileRead members have posted over 8,000 free, well crafted e-books in multiple formats.

The milestones (as compiled by Zelda) are:
  • March 27, 2007: First upload
  • September 04, 2007: 1,000 uploads
  • November 02, 2007: 2,000 uploads
  • January 08, 2008: 3,000 uploads
  • February 19, 2008: 4,000 uploads
  • May 16, 2008: 5,000 uploads
  • December 10, 2008: 7,000 uploads
  • January 09, 2009: 8,000 uploads

Most of the e-books are in the "big 3" e-book formats of Sony BBeB, Mobipocket PRC, and eBookwise IMP; there is a growing collection of ePub books available. There is also a light assortment of other thinly used e-book formats including:
  • FB (Fiction Book)
  • RB2 (Rocket Book)
  • PDF (A4, Letter, and 6" e-ink screen formats)
  • Psion
  • IMP (for the REB 1200)
  • Hiebook
  • MS Lit

I have been fortunate enough to be part of the members posting e-books that also include (in no particular order):
  • Patricia
  • HarryT
  • Madam Broshkina
  • nrapallo
  • vivaldirules
  • Dr. Drib
  • mtravellerh
  • Jellby
  • crutledge
  • Roy White
  • tsgreer
  • ravenne
  • ProDigit
  • mjh215

There are many more and I am sorry that AI cannot recall all of the names at the moment. On behalf of the rest of the MobileRead community I say, "Thank You."

Let the celebration begin, download a new e-book today.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote