View Single Post
Old 12-18-2015, 08:08 AM   #57
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: see signature
@Xen:
I don't share your hatred of Android: I think the services Google offers are more than worth the "price" we are paying (being shown targeted ads instead of random ones).

That said, it would be great if all Android devices came with unlocked bootloaders so they could be rooted and allowed users to install Linux. (I didn't research the topic, but based on a quick web search - where Google gave exactly the results I wanted �� - this seems to be the key.) Or manufacturers could offer the same device with a choice of Android or Linux.

As for Android on e-ink tablets, I have good news for you. On the Boox M96, battery life is much better than any Android phones or tablets with backlit LCD screens. This is partially due to the screen tech, and partially to the lack of a wireless data connection (if you switch wifi and bluetooth off). This also means you won't be sending any data to Google, if that's a concern for you.

Last edited by Jmirko; 12-25-2015 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Deleted long quote
Jmirko is offline   Reply With Quote