View Single Post
Old 12-02-2015, 04:58 AM   #9
Yutsuki
Yutsuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yutsuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yutsuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yutsuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yutsuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yutsuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yutsuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yutsuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yutsuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yutsuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yutsuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paper
My "sub-challenges" all involve a deliberate exploration of areas that I seem to unintentionally avoid while reading: I read predominantly SFF series written by Anglo and Caucasian men. It'll be fairly easy to meet the sub-challenge requirements, I think. It's more of a mindfulness goal rather than something that will be difficult to strive for.

My "main" challenge is going to be a doozey for me, given that I've always been a very slow reader. I want to try to read 50,000 pages. I think that the most I've ever read in a year (though I don't have a GoodReads account or anything like that, so I'm frowning at my Kindle orders to remember what I've read and when) is about 26,000.

It'll mean reading about twice as much as I usually do in a given year. Well, I do have an hour's drive either way from my krav maga classes -- I usually hate audiobooks, but I might have to give them another try just to reach this goal!
Yutsuki is offline   Reply With Quote