View Single Post
Old 11-23-2015, 12:58 PM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdurgee View Post
If you would not mind a suggestion, at least one other package I have built from source on my linux system included a "cvslvlck" script in its util directory that when run reports any required libraries that are either missing or too old to build the package with. Perhaps a similar script could be added here to allow the user to confirm they are ready to attempt a build without the need of making sense of the error messages issued during a failed build attempt.
That is rare and wonderful thing you experienced.
But I'd have no idea how to go about making it happen.I don't know how to look for what I don't know is needed; let alone if it might be might be missing. And as the OP is finding out, the library that might be missing rarely tells someone what package it might be a part of in their distro's repositories.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote