this is oh so cool.
- installed calibre and created a database.
- moved database including subfolders to icy-box (drive g:, folder calibre-db)
- moved calibre program directory to icy-box (drive g:, folder calibre)
- removed the folder calibre in AppData\Roaming (pretending a new computer)
- created a bat-file on icy-box (drive g:, folder \) with content below.
calibre.exe --with-library ..\calibre-db
works like a charme. so, from now, calibre is portable (ok, settings are reset on every new Computer, buts that is work, i'll do with a smile)
Suggestion: how about a calibre-zip without installer? so one could simply unpack this zipfile and has the base for a portable application?
this will surely be one of my new favourite apps :-)