View Single Post
Old 11-17-2015, 04:22 PM   #7
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
Good to see someone is doing something to protect the producers of the art, but I'm not sure I agree with your above comment. I am personally yet to find any decent self-published works. The exception is The Martian and that was subsequently picked up and traditionally published.
One of my favorite series from the last few years its the Wool/Silo series by Hugh Howey which was also picked up after the fact (for print only). Then there are people like Amanda Hocking or E.L. James who have made HUGE amounts of money by getting a traditional publisher after the fact. Of course you may not think some of these are very good but obviously someone does.

Here is one list that purports to compile some of the authors who have started out self-publishing and then gone more traditional:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ronald...b_4064574.html

There are also a number of authors who started out traditionally published but have gone the other way for various reasons (more money, trad. publisher not marketing them, disputes, etc.). The most outspoken that I have run across is J.A. Konrath.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote