View Single Post
Old 11-14-2015, 09:33 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by shootist View Post
With the help of some I figured out my problem with the oversize first letter of each chapter, however when I resize the letter there is no indention for the first paragraph. Can anyone advise me the code to make an indention for that paragraph?
@shootist - if my memory serves me right, you convert Word DOCX to EPUB, if so, do it in there via a Word Style and calibre will honor it.

But as JSWolf says its traditional to not indent the first paragraph in a chapter or scene - not sure what the rational for that is. I suspect it harks back to the likes of King Ælfred the Great writing illuminated manuscripts on vellum

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote