View Single Post
Old 11-13-2015, 04:18 PM   #4
Krazykiwi
Zealot
Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many random androids to list
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
@Krazykiwi:

You can manually change the ddc and lcc columns in "Calibre > Preferences > Add your own columns" to be "partitioned" however you please.
Hi Dalton,

Actually, I didn't mean partitioning, rather turning the tag browser into a tree, split on the period in the DDC. And I guess it would work in the LOC codes too, just less usefully). For some reason I thought it required a particular column type, and that's not editable post column creation, but I was misremembering.

It's not in partitioning though, so in case anyone else wants to do it, it's in ´Preferences -> Look and Feel -> Tag Browser, add the new column to the "Categories with hierarchal items" and restart Calibre. Since the DDC is a strictly hierarchal tree, it works well there.

ETA: link to the instructions in the Calibre manual: http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/sub_groups.html

Last edited by Krazykiwi; 11-13-2015 at 04:22 PM. Reason: add link to manual
Krazykiwi is offline   Reply With Quote