View Single Post
Old 11-11-2015, 03:43 PM   #56
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Perhaps you didn't fully understand what I suggested?

That link provides a way to search the current PATH, and determine what
Code:
C:\> java.exe
resolves to.

There would be no need to manually update either Doitsu's epubcheck plugin OR the calibre Open With plugin, because the calibre plugin is saving the java path before clearing everything else away.
Okay, I see what you mean. Unfortunately, I'm not able to modify the Open With Python code to be able to extract the returned path from running a Windows CLI tool. My current solution of removing the path clear from Open With works for now and given the rate of updates to Open With, my only worry is forgetting what the bleep I did to fix the issue before a new version comes out.

Quote:
Trust me, I wasn't suggesting Yet Another Way to manually update it every time, I have no patience for manual updating myself.
That's what a computer is for -- to do those repetitive tasks.

Quote:
That being said, using calibre to open a book in Sigil is slightly roundabout, considering calibre has its own builtin Editor...
Again personal preferences. I've used the Calibre editor and prefer Sigil.

Quote:
I'd also like to know why, oh why, does Java feel the need to make highly unpredictable paths, and why has Microsoft never figured out how to provide a decent CLI, but that is getting waaaaaaaaaaaay offtopic.
java is always /usr/bin/java on MY computer.
On my Windows box, it's always C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath\ for the latest version. A few versions back Oracle added that symlink which is updated when Java is installed.

As for the unpredictable paths? There are quite a few programs that require a specific version of Java. Some install the Java files within their own directory, other's expect to find the version where the Sun/Oracle installer would place it. I supported Java 1.4.2 for quite a few years after 1.5 and 1.6 were released for that reason.

Anyhow, time to let this thread die since we need the Hubbell to see the topic.

Last edited by DNSB; 11-11-2015 at 03:45 PM.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote