View Single Post
Old 10-05-2015, 03:48 PM   #66
cherocee
cherocee began at the beginning.

Device: tablet, pocketbook touch lux 2 (626)
My test were run with the touch Lux 2 not 3

Thanks again for your efforts.
I am not sure that I can install the pbterm application myself - I do not have anything close to an idea where to get started.
I will to start WIFi from the settings tab and then the sshd_start app. However, than I am still left with the PC side of the secure FTP. With PC (Windows) programs I could not connect so far to the ebook reader. I will give it a trial from LINUX. So far I figured I could not connect because the severer on the pocketbook did not run.
How can I test (find out) if the sftp server is running on the pocketbook 626?

Edit: From windows I did make a couple of attempts with File Zilla as described for Filezilla in Post 27 (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=27=) in this thread. Before that I did create Keys using puttygen.exe. On the reader I did create an empty File called authorized_keys2 in /pb_sshd/etc/ssh/. I and pasted the contend of the public key in the authorized_keys2.

I Started Wifi with the setting dialog and than @Sshd_start on reader.
With Filezilla I tried to connect via stp and ended up with:
Response: fzSftp started, protocol_version=3
Command: keyfile "D:\downloads\Pocketbook_touc_lux_2_626\ssh_keys_p uttygen\private_key.ppk"
Command: open "sreader@192.168.1.116" 1124
Command: Pass: ***
Error: Authentication failed.
Error: Critical error: Could not connect to server

Does this tell me that in principle the sftp server is working on pocketbook and I have issues with the key authentication?

Last edited by cherocee; 10-05-2015 at 05:09 PM. Reason: typos
cherocee is offline   Reply With Quote