View Single Post
Old 09-29-2015, 10:09 AM   #17
Stanley66
Stanley66 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindStanley66 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindStanley66 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindStanley66 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindStanley66 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindStanley66 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindStanley66 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindStanley66 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindStanley66 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindStanley66 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindStanley66 has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
We should agree to disagree. What's a good GUI? For me, calibre is a very good GUI as I can rearrange it as I need, and it includes which a need? And it offers me TEXT, not some very cute icons.. that I don't understand or catch... so after some time at this business, I still have to find a GUI nobody complains about.
I'm glad it works for you Terisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
Maybe I'm too basic, but I can't understand the complaints about the calibre UI. What would a well-planned, cool, professional UI look like?

Making a different UI for calibre is of course a huge task, but somebody with a different idea could contribute with some pictures, just to see what they are talking about.

I spend very little time in calibre. I just add books, tag them and transfer them to my reader. From time to time I use such features as conversions, the viewer and the editor. Maybe that's why the UI is not that important to me...
There is a number of articles on subject of good user interfaces on the internet written by the experts of industry. I'm afraid I'm not competent enough to go that far here
But for me personally, as I've started looking for the alternative right from the beginning, it is a complete lack of clarity and aesthetics (attractiveness) in the way this product is designed in general, not just in GUI.

And yes, it is strange that with a great number of users Calibre doesn't seem to have an active development community with knowledgeable UI contributors.
Stanley66 is offline   Reply With Quote