View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 04:57 PM   #87
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I would love to say that I read a book without regard to her views on the book. I cannot say that. The history of her recommendations and my likings in books seem to be 180 degrees apart. If I seem a bit interested in a book and find that she has endorsed the book, I drop it from my list of considerations. There was a film critic in the Washington, DC area many years ago and operated the same way. Every time he would pan a film I put it high on my "must watch" list. This proved to be almost 100% accurate. Every film he liked I thought to be a waste of time and money.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote