View Single Post
Old 08-12-2015, 07:32 AM   #2310
embryo
Evangelist
embryo knows the way to San Jose.embryo knows the way to San Jose.embryo knows the way to San Jose.embryo knows the way to San Jose.embryo knows the way to San Jose.embryo knows the way to San Jose.embryo knows the way to San Jose.embryo knows the way to San Jose.embryo knows the way to San Jose.embryo knows the way to San Jose.embryo knows the way to San Jose.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by xor_ View Post
I've made an update to my little light-toggle and shutdown mod. It should fix the glitches, and it uses embryo's icons.

- after shutdown the top menu shouldn't show anymore in addition to the screensaver image
- after using the light toggle, the next menu access doesn't automatically toggle the light anymore. Instead the last menu tab index is set to the settings tab
- by request I added a readme file with instructions from my previous post.

I've decided against attaching the toggle functionality to the pre-existing settings tab, since that addresses several other functions besides the frontlight. And we don't want a toggle whenever we access that menu item.

Shutdown currently presupposes KSM's script. But that would be easy to replace.

Based on the latest koreader nightly as of right now: 20150808

Rationale for doing this is here

Cheers.
Thank you for the update.
Much better for me now.

Since I have a Glo, I don't use the light toggle, so I comment out the light's lines in the script.

Perhaps it would be convenient for other users of Glo, AuraHD and even Touch (no light there) who don't fiddle with the script, to add one version with just the power off function.
It is a little crowded in the smaller displays, and since these devices have a button ...
embryo is offline   Reply With Quote