View Single Post
Old 08-10-2015, 05:52 AM   #2299
xor_
Connoisseur
xor_ has become one with the cosmosxor_ has become one with the cosmosxor_ has become one with the cosmosxor_ has become one with the cosmosxor_ has become one with the cosmosxor_ has become one with the cosmosxor_ has become one with the cosmosxor_ has become one with the cosmosxor_ has become one with the cosmosxor_ has become one with the cosmosxor_ has become one with the cosmos

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by embryo View Post
I was thinking about the shut down option myself, but I couldn't ask for something just to avoid one extra click.
Thank god I'm not the only lazy person here.
Yes, an extra click here and there seems minor, but they do add up over a lifetime. And since I have a serious RSI problem from too much computer work, I try to reduce them wherever I can. And I'm also lazy.

Quote:
If I don't select another entry and just open and close the menu a few times, it opens and closes the light.
Yes, as long as the light icon was the last menu item used, menu access toggles the light. Not sure if we want to change that.

Another thing that just came to me (sometimes I'm real slow), we should probably not even use an extra light icon. Just add this toggle functionality to the original icon?

Quote:
When I press the button, for a while the shut down picture is displayed as it should but then at the end, the koreader menu appears at the top and stays there.
Yes, I've also seen that. Not sure why that is. And it hasn't bothered me because I have it in its closed cover after shutdown. Guess we could try to nuke koreader before we shutdown, or something like that.

I do sense that these adjustments are more individual workflow hacks than an issue of larger concern. So there's probably no point in trying to integrate them into the official koreader release.

I mean, I've always felt that the light toggle is buried a bit too deep in the menu structure. But that doesn't really matter since most devices have a hardware light button. It only started annoying me on the H2O, which doesn't.

So, thanks for the icons, if I make an update, I will use one or both.

Last edited by xor_; 08-10-2015 at 06:04 AM.
xor_ is offline   Reply With Quote