View Single Post
Old 08-09-2015, 09:45 AM   #2294
xor_
Zealot
xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Libra 2
Ive had some severe battery draining on a Glo HD. But that device went kaputt shortly thereafter, so it may have just been a hardware defect.

Ever since I've switched to my new H2O, battery endurance has been pretty good, and I've not noticed any unusual draining using the sleep cover with koreader.

////

Anyway, I've made two minor interface adjustments that I find useful for the way I use the device. Posting it here just in case anyone else finds them useful. It's basically two additional icons in the reader menu. I just color-inverted the light and home button, cos I'm lazy. One allows for one-click light-toggling. I find that useful, since the H2O doesn't have a light button. And the other one is for shutdown. Which may be convenient for people experiencing battery drain in sleep mode.

The attached zip contains 3 files. The .png files go into koreader/resources/icons/, and readermenu.lua replaces that file in koreader/frontend/apps/reader/modules/. (Make a backup of the old version, so you can switch back if for whatever reason you don't like it.)

I just checked it out with the latest nightly build (20150808), and it still works. Cheers.

Edit:
See the updated version here

Last edited by xor_; 08-11-2015 at 07:08 PM.
xor_ is offline   Reply With Quote