View Single Post
Old 08-02-2015, 11:13 AM   #44
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
From a hint given on the beta firmware list, it appears that there is a better way to do this.

It appears that nickel uses the "ExtraLocales" option in the config file to load extra languages. Adding "ExtraLocales=ca" into the "ApplicationPreferences" section of the config file adds an extra option to the list of available languages. At the end will be "Extra: ca". Selecting loads the translation file and set the interface language. It also seems to set the locale correctly.

And it looks like the extra locales is a comma separated list. With "ca,ru", I get both added to the list of languages. Selecting ru doesn't work, but that might be the translation file. I haven't tried it by itself yet.

I haven't played with this much but have found a problem. If I try to open the list menu in the library, it the device reboots. This might be a version problem. I have beta firmware installed and the translation files I tried are from this thread with only a change to set the language properly. Or it could be the Qt version I am using.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote