View Single Post
Old 08-01-2015, 11:15 PM   #60
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchtt View Post
I noticed that starting from 3.12.1, you introduced a hyphenation patch for the kepub reader that allows automatic hyphenation for left-aligned books, which is marvellous! May I asked how you figured out the patch and if there is any hope of achieving something similar with the regular epub viewer?
The hyphenation for kepubs uses completely different code than is used for epubs. All the patch does is change the built-in stylesheet used by the KEPUB reader so that hyphenation is (or is not) turned on, regardless of the setting of the justification button.

However there is nothing in the built-in stylesheet used by the EPUB reader that affects hyphenation, whether it is off or on seems to be decided automatically by the epub hyphenation code depending on the justification of each individual paragraph.

If you can find a way to make the EPUB reader hyphenate left-aligned text by changing the book's stylesheet then it might be possible to make an addition to the built-in stylesheet too, but I don't know if the EPUB reader allows that.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote