View Single Post
Old 07-24-2015, 08:10 PM   #12
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
I guess I'm one of the weirdos. I have precisely zero interest in the author, their personal life, their dog's life, etc. I think that getting to know authors is, by and large, probably like finding out about movie stars--that's absolutely diminished my enjoyment of many, MANY movies, once I find out what a twerp somebody really is. I also think that blogging is an overrated activity for most authors, and that it takes away from their commercial writing time. I've read exactly two blogs, by authors (I own over 6K books) over the years. So....take that for what it's worth.
<snip>

Offered FWIW.

Hitch
I am in your camp.
I am buying into a BOOK, not the author.

3 Screens of raves (fluff) is not going to sell me.
That you have Horses, Birds, a MONKEY ain't gonna do it! Cats, Maybe

If I want to know more about the Author:
SYNOPSIS is almost everything.
NYT Best seller is ZIP
Amazon Best Seller ZIPsquared

My best friends
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote