View Single Post
Old 07-15-2015, 02:54 PM   #8
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by radius View Post
Holy moly, what a gorgeous book! I especially like the illuminated, initial dropcaps.
Thanks. Yes, John D. Batten's illustrations are fantastic. And, as I said, the scans for this one were the worst of the bunch. Indian Fairy Tales is almost finished, and it's going to be much nicer (and I can make the initials a little bigger due to the better quality; I love them too.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by radius View Post
Is it a scan you did a whole bunch of post-processing on?
Indeed. Quite a bit of cleaning, but it never got clean enough; so, frustrated, I fooled around with the freshly installed G'MIC plugin on my GIMP. A filter called "Dream smoothing" (in the "Artistic" subsection) produced this, and I liked it...
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote