View Single Post
Old 07-02-2015, 09:47 AM   #1
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Jacobs, Joseph: Celtic Fairy Tales (Illustrated). V.1a, 02 July 2015

Joseph Jacobs (29 August 1854 – 30 January 1916) and John D. Batten (8 October 1860 – 5 August 1932) were the dream team of fairy tales for children in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Lovely writing style, scholarly appendix (but beware: don't read that more than twice...) by Jacobs, brilliant illustrations by Batten - who could ask for more?

Info about Jacobs can be found here and here; there is a Wikipedia article about Batten too, but it is a bit unsatisfactory.

Jacobs and Batten collaborated on a whole series of fairy tale collections, all of which I intend to upload to Mobileread. This is my first venture into the world of illustrated ebooks, and it has been great fun so far (and the scans of the other books are in far better quality than the scan for this one, so it will be easy from now on...)

The text comes from Wikisource, but I corrected a few obvious mistakes and incorporated the Addenda and Corrigenda into the text. The illustrations were cleaned up from a Google scan available from the Internet Archive.

Enjoy.

Uploaded V.1a:
As suggested, I have added some tags to the metadata. Also corrected a couple of errors that I discovered.

Downloads V.1: 116
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	p026.png
Views:	712
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	139919   Click image for larger version

Name:	frontispiece.png
Views:	713
Size:	416.1 KB
ID:	139920   Click image for larger version

Name:	cover3.jpg
Views:	700
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	139922  
Attached Files
File Type: epub Jacobs-CelticFairyTales-V1a.epub (3.57 MB, 801 views)

Last edited by doubleshuffle; 07-31-2015 at 01:42 PM.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote