View Single Post
Old 06-27-2015, 03:29 PM   #11
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Like others already mentioned, I don't use my ereader for browsing, I use it strictly for reading books. That's what it's made for, not for browsing. And the speed is perfectly fine for reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by webroot View Post
- cheap touch technology is used
There's only 3 types of touch technology that I know of: resistive (which thankfully I can't remember any manufacturer putting on an ereader); capacitive, which is in use on some models; and infrared, maybe used on a bit higher percentage of models. For myself I'll only use infrared (skin doesn't always play nice with capacitive touch, can't use it outdoors in cold weather without special gloves). If you're calling that cheap touch technology, it works and it works the best for my situation.

Or is it that you don't want any touch screen, you prefer buttons and think they're all cheap touch technology? I prefer no buttons, but there are some who would like buttons.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote