View Single Post
Old 05-24-2015, 03:11 PM   #7
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJSousa View Post
My friends and I have been exchanging and lending books to each other since the mid-80's, long before ebooks came along. So once in a while, I have this problem. It's not so rare. Do you know how I can add a "added-book-date" column? Doing a manual metadata change is not only time consuming, but an extra step. Thank you.
Add a custom column (Preferences / Add your own columns / the + icon) with type "Date". Name the column something like lookup name "#added_date" and column heading "Added Date".

Once you have the column you need to copy the date column to your new custom column. This is done with edit metadata (multiple) Select all your books, press E, choose Search/Replace, then fill out the form as shown in this screen capture. I suggest that you back up your library first. Once this is finished then you must manually maintain the new date.

Note: if your friends make a custom column with the same lookup name and you import a book from them that has an accompanying OPF then their date will overwrite yours.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote