View Single Post
Old 05-19-2015, 05:39 PM   #1134
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Hi,
I was referring to this link:

https://github.com/IDPF/epubcheck/issues/305

This issue is under review and of the last release of epubcheck 4 alpha having a DOCTYPE on a fallback ncx was considered acceptable. It seems someone disagrees with that on Apr 7, but I see no commit message or review to change epubcheck 4.

So this one may get reversed yet again. In epubcheck 3 it was okay, in epubcheck 3.1 it was an error, and in epubcheck 4 alpha it was no longer an error. So I guess this is a wait and see.

Either way KindleUnpack will keep the DOCTYPE on the ncx until epubcheck 4 final comes out and declares it one way or the other.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote