View Single Post
Old 05-04-2015, 04:46 AM   #151
cramoisi
Librarian
cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: kobo gloHD - KA1
Some reflexions to add after testing further the epubs. I tested with classic french epub justified left and right.

1. Page turning of epubs are snappier than 3.12.1
2. Hyphenation are now correct (in french, and i updated the hypen dic to the Libre Office one) even when there is trailing punctuation which is not the case with kepub.

But :

3. I can't deactivate hyphenation anymore (typically when I choose Justify : deactivated in the in-book option)
4. I can't justify to left only anymore (same menu, second option)

If the book is justify left (I convert it with Calibre), hyphenation is not working and in-book option to justify left and right (and activate hyphenation) doesn't work. And I'm sure I could do all I can't do now in 3.12.1.

On the whole, running epub seems better (to me) since the justify left and right + correct hyphenation is closer to the paper book experience.

Last edited by cramoisi; 05-04-2015 at 05:01 AM.
cramoisi is offline   Reply With Quote