Thread: Firmware 3.12.1
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2015, 05:48 PM   #9
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
As PeterT said, this firmware version had a very short beta cycle. The reason for this was that it has very few changes in it. The only changes we were told about were:
  • Some customers may have seen an 'Oops' message and/or greyed out chapters after purchasing a book. After applying this update, this state can be fixed by removing the book from your eReader and re-downloading it.
  • If you long-pressed a word at the top of a page while reading, the dictionary popup may not have been displayed.

I assume that Kobo considered the first one a serious problem as it actually prevents people from reading the books. One situation this problem happened in was when a preview was downloaded and then purchased. In the past, the book was not reloaded correctly. New books will load correctly, but any books that already have this problem will needed to be removed from the device and downloaded again.

In my testing, I found no other changes. We were explicitly told that the chapter refresh fix for the Aura was not included.

Kobo has stated this is only being release to the Glo, Aura, Aura HD and Aura H2O.

Calibre already supports this firmware version. I allow for a minor release like this when I update the supported version.

Last edited by davidfor; 02-02-2015 at 05:51 PM.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote