Thread: PRS-T1 1.04 sd recovery
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2015, 05:24 PM   #78
apsco17
apsco17 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Hello,

I have a PSR-T1 that is stuck on the opening book screen. I've never played with the sofware and use Calibre to manage the books. I loaded a few more books and finished charging it up before going on vacation, when I got to the airport and pressed the power button, it went to the initial Reader Opening book... screen and sat there with the yellow power light flashing.

I tried using the reset button with no effect. I have tried to do the Sony hard reset procedure, but the Loading message never appears.

I downloaded the zip file in the initial post, put it onto a SD card and then into the SD slot and followed the startup instructions. I have done this several times and each time the Opening book... progress bar goes black, I release the buttons when it reaches 100% and leave it alone. When I check back after 15-20 minutes, the Opening book... page is up with a blank progress bar but other than constant flashing of the yellow power button and the SD card yellow light, there is no change to the reader display and it doesn't respond to the buttons. I have left it for hours and the yellow lights keep blinking but no change to the reader.

In summary, the only display changes I see are a blank display when it restarts and the black Opening book... progress bar when I try and use the SD recovery program.

Are there any suggestions as to what may be wrong and what to try next or is it toasted and time to chuck it?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.
apsco17 is offline   Reply With Quote