View Single Post
Old 01-24-2015, 07:49 AM   #25
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Touch, Glo, Aura H2O, Glo HD, Aura ONE, Clara HD
KoboTouch plugin for calibre 1.48

Attached is a plugin for use with calibre 1.48 and enables the Kobo Aura H2O. It is a quick override of the built-in KoboTouch driver that includes code needed for the H2O. At the moment, it does the minimum needed to add the support. But, it if needed, any future changes to the driver in calibre v2 can be added. As well as supporting the H2O, this will also add those changes to the other Kobo devices.

The plugin also adds support for firmware v3.12.0 to calibre 1.48. But, if you are not using a Aura H2O, you can continue using the "Attempt to support newer firmware" option in the built-in driver.

The driver has the very creative name of "KOBOTOUCH148".

This driver is only for use with calibre 1.48 on systems that cannot be upgraded to calibre v2. I will NOT give any support for any using this driver with calibre v2.

To install:

- Disable the built-in KoboTouch driver
- Download the attached file
- Install the driver using the plugins section of the preferences
- Restart calibre
- Configure the driver
- Connect your Kobo Aura H2O

I have tested this as well as I can without actually having a Aura H2O (maybe in another few days). The testing has been simulated with my Glo in calibre 1.48 on a 32 bit Windows 7 machine. I don't expect any problems, but there might be some. Please report any problems here for me to look at.

If you see a problem, I need as much detail as possible to look at it. A full description of the what happened and what you expected to happen is needed. A calibre debug log is also helpful.

Notes:

- The Kobo Utilities plugin will work with this driver.
- The Kobo Touch Extended driver will not work with this driver. If you want to sideload books as kepubs, use the KePub Output plugin to convert the books before sending them to the device.

Last edited by davidfor; 04-26-2015 at 07:27 AM. Reason: Removed driver as it has been released
davidfor is online now   Reply With Quote