View Single Post
Old 01-22-2015, 09:15 AM   #23
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 w/SO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbneader View Post
When it comes with all the time and effort to relearn the system? All the programs that need to be upgraded? Time and work are still a cost.
There are reasons why people don't switch to Linux despite it being free.
I'll probably update my 8.1 device at some point because I barely use it anyway and have nothing to lose. But my Win7 desktop is staying put until I can test it out. Especially if 'OS as service' means 'Google-style spyware' and I need to add in a bunch of firewall rules.
I didn't have to relearn anything, Windows 10 is like 7 & 8 combined, you get the best of both worlds. And there is no motive for MS to spy on you like google does, because most of the data google collects is for their massive Adwords advertizing business.
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote