View Single Post
Old 01-19-2015, 08:12 PM   #13
ereader25
Enthusiast
ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.

Device: looking
Hello, this is very cool thank you for putting it together!

I am trying to use this tool to make backup of my afterglow 2 (onyx boox c67ml). The problem I am having is that the AndroidTool v2.1 simply says "No Found any Devices", even though my tablet is connected and in downloader mode.

I have tried to install the drivers packaged here, but it returns "Windows could not find driver software for your device." when I point it to the specified folder.

I have successfully added the registry key that should make this work with Windows 8.1. I am using rkdumper to try to create a backup, and it outputs:

Found: LOADER device (RK3026/RK3028 2207:292c) #2

Found LOADER Rockchip device
Can't open device ""
Critical error

I look in the driver folder from the download here, > Drivers > x64 > Win 8 and in the setup information file I see many entries like this:

"%Rockusb_DeviceDesc%=Rockusb_DDI, USB\VID_2207&PID_292A"

However, my device has PID of 292C not 292A. So, I add a line like this:

"%Rockusb_DeviceDesc%=Rockusb_DDI, USB\VID_2207&PID_292C"

This time, when I run windows driver update and point to the folder with these drivers it says:

"Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it."
"Rockusb Device"
"The hash for the file is not present in the specified catalog file. The file is likely corrupt or the victim of tampering."

Windows caught me! I tampered with it, and it won't let me install. Can you please update this official file on this thread to include 292C so that I can properly install drivers for my Afterglow 2, so that I can make a good backup?

Thank you! xD
ereader25 is offline   Reply With Quote