View Single Post
Old 01-14-2015, 08:04 PM   #9
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Today was a big day for Ara (see #AraDev or http://liliputing.com/2015/01/projec...ar-phones.html). The big news is they've picked their first market pilot: Puerto Rico. I didn't notice anything on the date other than later this year. I suspect there will be plenty of reviews once that happens, though it'll be an interesting product to review since it isn't phone, it's an ecosphere. There will be bundles for people who don't want to choose, or people like me can browse the Ara Module Market for each piece, so my Ara will be very different from yours. It remains to be seen just how many different builds could be designed.

If you're interested, now's the time to tell a manufacturer (eink or otherwise) to get involved and make modules you'll want to use. People used to rave about Nokia cameras with carl zeiss optics. Maybe you want audio from beats or a wacom stylus or a fingerprint scanner from synaptics. Tell those companies. They don't know what you want and Ara might not be on their radar without your input.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote