Thread: PRS-T1 Digit rights management
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2015, 10:24 PM   #1
Shell1711
Shell1711 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
Digit rights management

Hope someone can help as I have been trying to fix this for weeks now.

For the last 2 months, I have been unable to open new (and one previously downloaded) books. I always get the message:
"The content is protected by digital rights management (DRM). Do you want to continue for authorization to open the content?" When I click yes and put in my Adobe ID, the same message comes up - every single time. I never had this problem before. The books would automatically sync to my Reader without putting in my Adobe ID.

I have contacted Booktopia and Kobo Books for help and they have been kind enough to give me ongoing advice and to reset and unlock the books I bought from them to allow me to download them again, but the same problem keeps happening. I have deauthorised and reauthorised my PC and Reader a few times and also deauthorised and reauthorised my PC on Adobe Digital Editions (v.3). I have even reinstalled my Reader software and done a hard reset. Nothing has worked. If I delete the book from my Reader and try to download it again, I get "this book has already been downloaded by another user". I can open the Kobo books on my PC using their software but not the Reader software.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this or is my Reader beyond repair?

Thanks
Shell1711 is offline   Reply With Quote