View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008, 10:25 AM   #41
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
The mandates behind this book collection are to maintain and augment the number of members and to promote the ebook as a support for culture. This is a book by book proposition, again unsuitable for mass transfer.
I had totally missed that. Were can I read more about this to check that it really is so? Is there any document spelling it out?

Why does downloading on book at the time support culture more than downloading a lot of books?

I find downloading book from MR annoyingly hard. Going via the index it is very hard to find a specific author.

Also concering culture the books are usually missing information about what text they are based on and what texts have been used to proof read them. For example a friend who is a Lovecraft-fanatic told me that the Lovecraft collection here is not based on the best versions available. And what version it is based on was missing at least in the books.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote