View Single Post
Old 12-06-2008, 09:30 PM   #37
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
One of the points of the eBook library on MR is to encourage people to visit the site, read what the uploader has to say about the book, add your own comments about it on the upload thread, etc. We do not want to facilitate "bulk downloads".
Then again,if we want to spend time talking on the forum, combining with the tasks of our daily life, I think that many would want to spend as little time as possible downloading some books,and as much time as possible actually enjoying them!

Like said before, what good is it to have 3 to 4 sublinks for every book to click?
Not to mention those of us who don't have that fast internet, it is just frustrating to take for ages.

Besides, maybe some people would like others to read their comments about the book, but other people really don't care about that.
I don't mind noone reading my comments.
If my book has errors and people want to complain, then I want them to read it first; because maybe I'm aware of the issue already and have posted it there.

Another thing is,that not every one has the same interests...
Some people might want to download books to read them,others might want to download them to stockpile them, and show them to their friends, Others even use it to increase their already tens of Terrabyte of data containing harddisks,to get a higher score in P2P networks.
Whatever their reasons may be should not matter when downloading, because either way they're not doing anything illegal to do so.

As long as they are not selling them it should not matter why a person is downloading those books.

Bulkdownloads only offer the option of saving bandwidth and saving time.

Last edited by ProDigit; 12-06-2008 at 10:07 PM.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote