View Single Post
Old 01-03-2015, 04:17 PM   #11
rrrvxi
rrrvxi began at the beginning.

Device: KP2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Another satisfied Amazon customer.
Well, I just have a long chat with customer support, I let them know how annoying are the silently updates, and also totally bad for the users privacy.

In sum, Amazon chat ended like this:

01:02 PM PST Manisha(Amazon): As mentioned earlier as of now we have designed the Kindle in such a way the software update takes place automatically as we do not want our customers to go though that hassle of updating the software version so this feature also make Kindle run in such a way that the updates cannot be blocked or disabled in any way.
01:02 PM PST rica: Well...
01:04 PM PST rica: Thanks anyway, but this time Amazon really disappointed me,letīs see then what happen in the future with the team that designed Kindle, but for know, sure Iīll looking for some other brand device, that actually respect the user privacy. Thank you Amazon.
01:06 PM PST Manisha(Amazon): I am really sorry rica that I wasn't able to fix this issue for, however please be assured that I will definitely let my team know about this issue, as our user's privacy and requirements are of utmost importance to our company.

At least I didn't keep silent about this problem, didn't get any solution either, too bad...
rrrvxi is offline   Reply With Quote