View Single Post
Old 12-28-2014, 09:50 AM   #62
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoboH2O-Bricked View Post
I also killed my brand new Kobo H2O by installing the Kobo Start Menu and afterward upgrading to 3.11. Just the black and white blinking screen... I tried all resets. Now I opened it and am looking for a complete dump.

dd'ing (X) is just a placeholder

dd if=./u-boot_mddr_256-E606F0B-K4X2G323PC.bin of=/dev/sd(X) skip=1 seek=1 bs=1024

and

dd if=./uImage-E606F0B of=/dev/sd(X) bs=1048576 seek=1

were not successful...

Could someone help me out with a full dump plz? PM would be nice...

I'm also quite sure that re-sealing the Kobo H2O is possible with a little black silicone... the opening up was really easy with no breaks or scratches at all..
I am sure that many could reseal the outside edges using a little black silicone, not sure the doublesided tape mask that seals the bezel to the screen would remain as waterproof, but it might. I am Not sure that someone who could "kill his brand new Kobo H2O by installing the Kobo Start Menu" should attempt such things, at least not until he can do a factory reset.

Luck;
Ken