View Single Post
Old 12-10-2014, 09:00 AM   #1
Ender_Fedaykin
Ender_Fedaykin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kindle 3
Series sort order backwards via Content Server

When viewing my library in a browser through the Content Server, all the other views (All Books, Authors, Tags, etc) show the books in alphabetical order with a "Sort by" drop down at the top.

However when I view a series, the books are in reverse alphabetical order and the "Sort by" drop down is missing.

Am I missing a setting somewhere, or could I modify one of the configuration files to get the series to display alphabetically like the other views? Sorry if I'm missing something obvious, still a little new to Calibre (and my js/css skills are lacking).

I tried removing a book from my library and adding it back thinking maybe it was displaying them in order of date added, but it didn't make a difference. I also have most other metadata fields blank like Publisher, Published, Date, etc, so it can't be sorting by any of those, and the fields that are being used like Tags and Series contain identical data (with the Series Number field correctly populated in increments of 1.00, 2.00, 3.00, etc).

The books are titled as:
XYZ 1 - Book Title
XYZ 2 - Book Title
XYZ 3 - Book Title
...etc...
where XYZ is an abbreviation of the series name.

I'm using the current version of Calibre, but had the issue in the last version too. I tried clearing my cache/cookies, tried from a different computer, tried it in Chrome, Firefox, and IE. No luck.

Google has failed me, and a search here didn't bring up any similar threads, unless I just missed it. Thanks for any help in pointing me in the right direction

Last edited by Ender_Fedaykin; 12-10-2014 at 09:05 AM.
Ender_Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote