View Single Post
Old 12-03-2014, 06:32 AM   #17
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Sorry, I'm afraid I don't understand you. I don't see the relevance of the tobacco industry to this. This law change affects downloads of books, music, software, etc. It doesn't affect physical goods like cigarettes; they are already taxed at the buyer's VAT rate.
You're the one mentioning the tobacco industry when you mentioned Rizla (the makers of rolled papers for cigarettes). Or were you talking about some other Rizla that is related to books and which I don't know about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
As I say, this is not automatically a "tax increase". Whether it's an increase or a decrease depends on the location of the buyer and the seller.
Which makes it a geographical segregation. One is not guilty of being black or white or fat or thin or any other prejudice like that and in the same way one should not be segregated because of where one lives as if living here means you have more rights and living there means you have less. Especially within a union of countries like the EU.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote