View Single Post
Old 12-03-2014, 06:21 AM   #16
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
That is a poor example first cause this is the tobacco industry, not exactly sweet little benevolent choir boys... so their being happy or sad about any news is not exactly the best moral standard of judgement...
Sorry, I'm afraid I don't understand you. I don't see the relevance of the tobacco industry to this. This law change affects downloads of books, music, software, etc. It doesn't affect physical goods like cigarettes; they are already taxed at the buyer's VAT rate.

Quote:
Also you are talking about companies that make huge amounts of money and I'm talking about the rights of simple individuals which are what matters as these tax increases are going to come out of simple folks' pockets as always.
This change in EU law was brought in precisely because large multinational companies like Amazon have been able to avoid paying taxes by basing themselves in the EU country with the lowest VAT rate (Luxumbourg).

As I say, this is not automatically a "tax increase". Whether it's an increase or a decrease depends on the location of the buyer and the seller.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote