Old 11-24-2014, 05:26 AM   #3
tosca30
Enthusiast
tosca30 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks for your answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Sigil is primarily an editor not an authoring tool. You may want to consider writing your book with a word processor or a dedicated authoring tool.
Point taken.
I did begin with Writer at first, but found out that the conversion required a lot of manual tuning, especially as I have a lot of images and screencopies to include. As it is, I can now upload the work in progress on the KDP website and check the result in Kindle mode.

Quote:
This usually only happens if the whole book is a single .html file. You may want to consider splitting it up in chapters using Split Markers. This will greatly improve the responsiveness of Sigil.
I don't think that is the reason as I already have quite many HTML files. Maybe the number of titles? or images?

Quote:
AFAIK, the styles in the default TOC style-sheet (sgc-toc.css) are hard-coded. However, you can add TOC styles to your main stylesheet and link it to TOC.xhtml.
I also use the default TOC style-sheet. But the fonts (and some other standard styles) are defined in another stylesheet that is shared by all the HTML files of the whole document. As for now, I have to re-link this additional sheet to the TOC every time I re-generate the HTML TOC.

Quote:
AFAIK, only dedicated authoring tools have this feature, which is one more reason to use Sigil only for fine-tuning the books that they create.
Could it be submitted as a feature request? Sigil already has a lot of very interesting automaticisms; this one would be a good addition, I think.
tosca30 is offline   Reply With Quote